At the Hawthorne & Heaney Ltd we strongly believe in ethical principles, good stewardship and social responsibility. We conduct our business within the framework of the following Ethical Trading Initiative Criteria, further information on which is available at ETI Base Code:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practiced
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
As a socially responsible business, our suppliers, local community and customers all have the right to expect the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
Hawthorne & Heaney Ltd is committed to sourcing raw materials from suppliers that can demonstrate that they operate to ethical standards equivalent to our own.