Machine Embroiderer – Part time
Hawthorne & Heaney are looking for a Wilcom Trained machine embroiderer for immediate start. This position is 3 days a week with the opportunity of overtime.
This position would be based in our Savile Row office.
- Wilcom or other digitizing software experience.
- Machine embroidery manufacture
- Good record keeping
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Please email email@example.com with your CV and any images of any digital embroidery works you have created.
Embroidery Event Staff
Hawthorne & Heaney are looking for freelance machine embroiderers for immediate start for our POP-UP EVENTS and in house work for the busy Christmas period.
This will usually involve monogram embroidering on existing garments, live on the shop floor for customers to interact with and observe the process. The successful candidate will be operating one of our integrated CAD machines so experience of computerized Brother embroidery machine would be great.
– Initiative- Confident working on your own
Hand Embroidery Tutor
Our sister company, The London Embroidery School is looking for a new embroidery tutor to join the team. We would like an experienced embroidery tutor who is used to teaching groups of up to 10 people as well as one on one. Techniques to be taught include tambour, goldwork, needle lace and silk flower making as well as your own specialism are welcome.
Classes are usually held in our Studio during Tuesday/ Wednesday/ Thursday evenings 6.30-8.30pm, some week days for which you would need to be available. There are also occasional Saturday classes in our central London premises but this is only once in a while.
If this sounds like it might be you then please fill out an application below:
For applications, please email your CV and any other relevant materials (digital portfolio) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the form attached to this link.
Accoutrement Hand / Sample Machinist
Internship / Studio Work Placement
Hawthorne & Heaney is looking for an embroidery intern to join us from August 2022 onwards.
We are looking for a current undergraduate embroidery/textiles/fashion/costume (or similar) student to join us in the studio for an approx 3 month internship. Duties will include machine and hand sewing, general administration, maintenance of the social media sites, research, assisting with embroidery preparation for both the staff and for the School and errands. Time is also set aside from duties to develop your own embroidery skills during your internship. Applicants must be hard working, versatile, enthusiastic, professional, responsible and able work well in a small team. Attention to detail is a must along with patience as nothing in embroidery is particularly quick.
- Sewing skills are essential, and a proficiency in both hand and machine sewing would be ideal.
- Computer knowledge of both MAC and PC, ideally with an understanding of adobe programs and G drive
- Trend aware
- Looking to gain experience in a live studio in the embroidery sector
- Must be a current undergraduate student of a fashion/textiles related course
- Able to travel into London every day (Covid permitting)
- Must be on an appropriate current undergraduate course (fashion, textiles, embroidery, costume or similar)
This internship is unpaid and should be taken in addition to a current undergraduate course, we are therefore unable to accept non students for this position. Travel Expenses are not included out of working hours.
Please see government guidelines below to access whether you are eligible,
- students working as a required part of a UK-based further or higher education course.
Hours are full time, Monday – Friday 9-5pm.