Hawthorne & Heaney is looking for an embroidery intern to join us in the studio.
We are looking for a current, UK based undergraduate embroidery/textiles/fashion/costume (or similar) student to join us in the studio for an approx 3 month internship. Duties will include machine and hand sewing, general administration, maintenance of the social media sites, research, assisting with embroidery preparation for both the staff and for the School and errands. Time is also set aside from duties to develop your own embroidery skills during your internship. Applicants must be hard working, versatile, enthusiastic, professional, responsible and able work well in a small team. Attention to detail is a must along with patience as nothing in embroidery is particularly quick.
Hours are full time, Monday – Friday 9-5pm.
- Sewing skills are essential, and a proficiency in both hand and machine sewing would be ideal.
- Computer knowledge of both MAC and PC, ideally with an understanding of adobe programs and G drive
- Trend aware
- Looking to gain experience in a live studio in the embroidery sector
- Able to travel into London every day
- Must be a current UK based undergraduate student studying a relevant course (fashion, textiles, embroidery, costume or similar)
This internship is unpaid and should be taken in addition to a current undergraduate course, we are therefore unable to accept non-students for this position. Travel Expenses are not included out of working hours.
Please see government guidelines below to assess whether you are eligible.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and portfolio.